Interested in helping us #EndDrowning in the Great Lakes?
More than 600 people have drowned in the Great Lakes since 2010, and drownings were up 80% in 2016.
The Great Lakes Water Safety Consortium has more than 300 experts and advocates who understand why and have a plan, but we need your help.
Do you consider yourself a helpful, generous person? You must be or you wouldn't be looking at this page. Our donors have given as little as $25 and as much as $5,000, but even $5 will help. Please donate whatever you can, and keep in mind that your donation will go to help with things like:
- Helping gather and report scientific data
- Helping place digital ads with lifesaving water safety messages on social media
- Helping print more water safety brochures
- Helping distribute water safety materials around the Great Lakes
- Helping communities respond after a drowning tragedy
- Helping provide beach signage with water safety messages
- Helping provide rescue equipment at beaches around the Great Lakes
- Helping provide expert education & training in schools around the Great Lakes
- Helping put lifeguards back on public beaches
- Helping provide the latest water rescue drones to shoreline communities
- Helping purchase a "Splash Truck" to display at public events with lifesaving info, resources, and activities
Interested in helping?
We are using PayPal's secure payment service to collect donations. The GLWSC is a registered nonprofit 501c3 organization (Tax ID# 81-2812105). Donations are tax deductible, so please, donate now. Here's our full donation request letter explaining why we need your help and how your donation will help END DROWNING. Checks may also be made out to Great Lakes Water Safety Consortium and sent to P.O. Box 130861, Ann Arbor, MI 48113. Thank you.